The SkillsFuture Credit is meant to strengthen individual ownership of skills development and lifelong learning. Beneficiaries include all Singaporeans aged 25 and above in 2016, as well as subsequent cohorts of Singaporeans who turn 25 in future years. Singaporeans will get $500 in credit that can be used for work skills-related courses. It will not expire and there will be a periodic top-up from the Government.
For more information, visit www.skillsfuture.sg.
How to Use SkillsFuture Credit:
1. Refer to SkillsFuture Credit Mailer that includes a letter and booklet, sent by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
2. Go to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit and search for desired SSA course on SkillsFture Credit Course Webpage. Check that course details are correct, such as Course ID, Training Provider (SSA), and Time Period.
3. Continue with claim process by selecting the correct course, entering payment details and uploading supporting documents from SSA.
4. Proceed to attend course.
5. Check claim status and ensure that it has been disbursed to SSA via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal.
Eligibility Claim Period:
30 days before and 90 days after course start date.