Executive Development Programme
The SSA Executive Development Programme was set up in 1991 to implement training programmes for the benefit of SSA member companies and the Singapore shipping industry at large. SSA aims to promote and inculcate lifelong learning in the maritime community by providing highly relevant training courses for shore-based staff to be equipped with the pertinent skill-set for their jobs, whilst upgrading the professional skills and standard of the industry as a whole.
The lecturers engaged to deliver SSA courses are a committed and experienced team of qualified professionals in their respective fields within the shipping industry.
1. To promote the maritime industry as the career choice for the young people of our nation. To assist companies from the maritime community develop and improve the skills of their staff to achieve their business efficiency and productivity.
2. To encourage lifelong learning amongst its members by having the pertinent skill-set for their jobs whilst upgrading the professional skills and standard of the industry as a whole.
3. To deliver cost effective and relevant training opportunities for the shipping community.
4. To impart expert knowledge and provide the latest business information and practical management techniques from practising professionals.
5. To draw synergies and expertise from local and foreign educational institutions, and contribute to Singapore’s status as an international maritime centre.
List of Courses
All applications must be submitted to SSA at least 2 weeks before the course commencement date. Applications received after the deadline will be scheduled for the next course run.
If the application has been accepted, the contact person of the company will receive a confirmation letter from SSA.
In order to secure a seat in the course, please ensure that full payment of the course fees is received by the SSA 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
For fee structure and available grants, please refer to the pages of each individual course.
The SSA reserves the right to revise the course fees when necessary and fees listed on the SSA course website prevails. Separate cheques are to be issued if registrations are made for more than one courses.
All cheques should be made payable to:
SINGAPORE SHIPPING ASSOCIATION
And sent to the address below:
Singapore Shipping Association
59 Tras Street
Refund of Fees
If a notice of withdrawal is given in writing at least 2 weeks before course commencement date, an 80% refund of fees paid will be considered.
No refund will be permitted if notice of withdrawal is given less than 2 weeks before course commencement. Substitution by personnel of the same company will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Course Cancellation or Date Change
The courses may be subjected to changes in dates and venues.
Notices of any changes will be made known to all registered participants in advance.
SSA also reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course if it is deemed necessary.
Award of Certificate
A test will be held at the end of each course. Only participants who have achieved 75% attendance at the course will be allowed to sit for the test. Participants who pass the test will receive a Certificate of Successful Completion.
Participants who meet the 75% attendance criterion but fail the test, will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.