Who we are
The role of the Services Committee is as follows:
- to address the national government’s policies which affect the shipping industry in Singapore, not already addressed by the International Committee;
- to work with the national government on matters affecting domestic shipping and trade;
- to make representations to government departments, statutory bodies, industry organisations or individuals on matters relating to domestic operations and policies affecting the shipping industry;
- to network with other local industry organisations in furtherance of the objectives of the Association
- to promote Singapore’s reputation for reliability and high standards in the marine industry.
The Services Committee focuses on working with MPA, terminal operators and other service providers to address problems associated with ship operations and port services in Singapore.
The scope of the Services Committee is identified as follows:
- Singapore bunkering activities
- Singapore ship operations, port services and ship agents activities
- Singapore cruise agents activities.
Terms of reference
The role of the Cruise Sub-Committee is as follows:
- to promote and protect the interests of SSA cruise members; and
- to promote and enhance Singapore as a hub for regional and international cruise.